- Am I eligible to apply if I reside outside of the designated geographic areas? No, applicants must be full-year residents of East Palo Alto, Belle Haven, or Redwood City.
- Is there a GPA requirement? The minimum cumulative GPA requirement is a 2.5.
- How many letters of recommendations do I need to submit? Only one letter of recommendation form is required.
- I am committed to another summer program or will be attending summer school. Can I participate in the externship for only part of the six weeks? Students must commit to all six weeks of the externship for 30 hours per week in order to participate.
- When is the externship? The 2023 Meta Summer Academy will take place for six weeks from Tuesday, June 20, 2023 to Friday, July 28, 2023, for 30 hours per week.
- What are the externship times? The externship takes place between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Does Meta provide transportation? Yes, and all students are required to use Meta’s public transportation. You will be provided with pick-up and drop-off locations once admitted.
- When is the deadline? The application, official transcript, and letter of recommendation are due by 3/1/23 by 11:59 pm. Applications and documents submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- I’m not a sophomore in high school. Am I eligible to apply? The program is available to ONLY current high school sophomores.
- Is the externship paid? Students will receive a stipend upon successful completion of the six-week externship program.
- Who do I contact with questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
We do not make any exceptions to geographical requirements. Questions regarding the application process may be sent to: email@example.com
Emails requesting exceptions for application requirements and eligibility will not be answered.