- Am I eligible to apply if I reside outside of the designated geographic areas? No, applicants must be full-year residents of East Palo Alto, Belle Haven, or Redwood City.
- Is there a GPA requirement? The minimum cumulative GPA requirement is a 2.5.
- How many letters of recommendations do I need to submit? Only one letter of recommendation form is required.
- I am committed to another summer program or will be attending summer school. Can I participate in the externship for only part of the six weeks? Students must commit to all six weeks of the externship for 30 hours per week in order to participate.
- When is the externship? The 2022 Meta Summer Academy Internship will take place for six weeks from Monday, June 21, 2022 to Friday, July 30, 2022, for 30 hours per week.
- What are the externship times? The externship takes place between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Does Meta provide transportation? Yes, and all students are required to use Meta’s public transportation. You will be provided with pick-up and drop-off locations once admitted.
- When is the deadline? The application, official transcript, and letter of recommendation are due by March 1, 2022 by 11:59 pm. Applications and documents submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- I’m not a sophomore in high school. Am I eligible to apply? The program is available to ONLY current high school sophomores.
- Is the externship paid? Students will receive a stipend upon successful completion of the six-week externship program.
- Who do I contact with questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
We do not make any exceptions to geographical requirements. Questions regarding the application process may be sent to: email@example.com
Emails requesting exceptions for application requirements and eligibility will not be answered.
The externship is a 6 week program, M-F from 6/26-8/4/2017. Workdays are from 8am to 5pm, including transportation time.